Throughout the year, VinePair conducts numerous tastings for our popular Buy This Booze column. The calendar for these tastings is finalized at the beginning of the year and open calls for each article are sent out on a month by month basis. Our mission for reviews and ratings is to provide a clear, reliable source of information for consumers, providing an overview applicable to day-to-day buying and drinking.
Tastings for review are not typically conducted blind. In alignment with our reviews mission, we believe in purposefully tasting all products as our readers typically would, with full knowledge of the producer, the region, and the price.
All wines, beers, and spirits currently available in the U.S. are open to review, and our scores and reviews are in no way affected by any advertising, partnerships or other commercial relationships.
While VinePair has investors and advertisers, they in no way dictate our content. Content that has been paid for by an advertiser or investor, or any content for which we have been compensated, will always be clearly labeled as sponsored content.
If you choose to send your wine, beer, spirit or any other product to VinePair, we make no claim whatsoever to cover your product, positively or negatively, in writing, video or audio.
Consideration For Open Calls
Sample requests will contain all relevant submission information and details about the article. Open calls are sent to every relevant party in our contact database. If you have not submitted your information to the database and wish to be kept informed of our tastings calendar, please do so now by completing this form.
Samples should be submitted no more than one month before the tasting takes place. Any samples received after the submission deadline will not be considered.
- All samples received will also be considered for review, as well as VinePair’s annual 50 Best Wines and 50 Best Spirits lists.
- Sample submissions must be accompanied by a completed Google Form entry for each of the bottles you are submitting. You will receive a relevant Google Form link for each tasting in the corresponding email open call. Failure to complete the Google Form may result in the sample not being considered.
- We kindly ask that two full bottles of each wine or beer sample be sent in case of a flawed bottle and for follow-up tastings. In the case of spirits, please send a full single bottle as samples are tasted more than once and by multiple staff members. Failure to comply with these requirements may result in the sample(s) not being considered.
- All samples should be sent to the following address unless directed otherwise in the email open call:
244 5th Ave, 11th Floor
New York, NY 10001
For questions regarding samples and reviews, please contact the Tastings Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- From time to time we work with various partners to highlight wine, beer, spirits and other products that we believe you, our readers, will be interested in learning about. When we do so those pieces of content are clearly labeled as ‘PARTNER.’
- To learn more about VinePair, please visit our About page.
- When we link to Amazon and other 3rd parties with affiliate programs (and remember to tag those links) we earn a small commission.